When you make an update you only overwrite the files of the theme and plugins. The data is stored in the database therefore it won’t be lost. The pages, posts and sliders you created will still be there after the update. Except if you have made manual modifications at theme’s files. We strongly recommend to always have a backup before any update.
Please follow the steps below to successfully update your theme to the latest release:
1.Download new version from your Envato account.
2.Extract theme’s folder from the downloaded main folder.
3.Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and deactivate theme, by just activating another one.
4. Via FTP delete current theme folder.
5.Upload new extracted theme folder.
6. Back to Dashboard and activate theme again.
Along with the theme you will have to update the slider plugins too. Via FTP, delete respective folders from wp-content > plugins. Than go to Dashboard and you will see a message requiring to install plugins. Follow the onscreen instructions and you’re done!
- Expo – WordPress Theme
- Fortis7 – Multipurpose Business Template
- Fortis7 – Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
- General Forum
- Nine – WordPress Theme
- Novus – Premium Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
- Popular – Responsive WordPress Theme
- Quare – Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
- System – Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
- Unique – Parallax One Page Template